Two critical factors in a PPC campaign
Every campaign either in traditional or digital marketing is based on 2 critical factors. The analysis and the decision making at the stage of the planning.
Identify the audiences, the goals considering the available budget and define what conversion means to your campaign:
- Brand awareness
- Just to inform
Adwords is a marketing tool which can be successful when used as a part of a general strategy and not as a stand alone action. A careful planning can help you avoid a full-size failure in the competitive environment of the search market. Adwords platform provides options to plan when, where, how as well as the ad spend of your campaign.
Building the campaign
Build a theme based structure with separated ad groups for different categories of products. Separate ad groups, to enclose clear messages, describing what you are offering. Link your ads to a customized landing page containing relevant information with a user friendly structure in order to interact.
Endorse your values in a clear message including all the information a user needs to respond to the call to action.
Users are always seeking answers to questions like:
- What does the website offers?
- Why should I click here?
- Which are the benefits for me?
Promoting the message
The path a message follows to reach the right audience using Google Adwords, starts with a carefully selected and fine-tuned keyword list.
Write down keyword lists with specified theme, use related phrases, synonyms, misspellings etc.
- Use different keyword matching options
- Define negative keywords to filter the traffic and reduce the campaign cost
- Enable product extensions
- Enable various devices targeting
- Target both search and content network
Let`s say the message has reached the audience. Now the action begins.
During this stage you need to forget the term “audience” and focus to the client. The user’s experience in online business is a high priority. Pay attention to the landing page. The design should emphasise to user’s experience as a matter of usability and easy navigation that will drive to conversions and not a good impression for the design aesthetics
Customers are seeking profitable solutions to their needs, fast simple and easy. So all you have to do when a user is clicking on your ad is to make the conversion process as easy as possible.
Tips for Success
- Use customized landing pages with easy navigation
- Remove possible obstacles (i.e. too many clicks or too many forms to complete)
- Make the user feel safe to interact
- Just make it simple
- Frequently monitor the campaign performance and adjust the bidding settings.
- Eliminate the keywords that do not perform.
- Try alternative ad text and/or different call to action.
- Experiment with the landing page and monitor the performance using different layouts