First of all, what is Web Content Development?
Web content development is the procedure of researching & gathering valuable information, defining objectives, finding & evaluating keywords to be used & organizing the structure for writing & finally publishing a content.
Undoubtedly, in the world of internet and web development, content is the king. Content is the medium through which you can provide interesting and valuable information to your audience. By providing well optimized information, your content becomes visible by search engines, increases ranking results and therefore it is easily found and read.
So, content development is all about keywords & appealing information! In this blog post you will find all the principal steps needed for setting up a right SEO strategy for a well optimized content.
1. Researching & Analysing Competition
Specify your competitors & extract information from competitors’ sources, regarding the subject you want to write about. Gather as much information as you can! The initial research will help you significantly find ideas concerning which keywords to use when developing your content.
2. Defining Objectives
You must specify the main goals (products or services) that need to be promoted through your content (blog post, article, image, video or other interactive forms). If the content to be developed refers to a website, then define the pages of your website that need to be optimized. It is really important and take it into serious consideration, that each page of the website needs to be optimized for unique keywords / keyword phases that are related to one and only subject.
3. Finding & Evaluating Keywords to be used
Make a list of possible keyword phrases that are going to be used for the optimized content. If you are going to create content for a website, then make a different list of keywords, for each page you are going to optimize. The keyword phases listed should be both head terms and long tailed ones. Be inspired from:
The initial research you have performed & the objectives & goals you have set. Ask yourself:
- Which are the keywords / keyword phrases that best describe the product or service that needs to be promoted?
- What kind of terms have you found through the competitors’ sources that can be used to describe the relevant product or service?
- Which terms do your competitors use? Be careful to select only those keywords that are highly relative to your goals and objectives. And the fact that you are selecting them for your initial list does not necessarily mean that you are going to use them as well. The list will be finalized after evaluating keywords performance
- If you were a user, which search terms would you choose to use in order to find the specific promoted information?
Google analytics account excluding the branded terms. In the organic results, exclude the branded terms and narrow down your keywords list with the keywords that have brought the highest traffic.
PPC keywords (Pay Per Click) provided by Google Analytics. Write down the PPC keywords that have generated the most traffic.
So, after you have ended up with a list of keywords: Use an effective keyword tool such as google adwords Keyword Tool or the very effective Keyword Research tool of Web SEO Analytics and check your keyword phrases performance. The greater the number of searches is, the more popular a keyword is. The greater the competition is the more difficult it is to easily gain good ranking results for the specific keyword phrases.
After the research, select the best keywords / keyword phrases that define your content according to relevancy & query popularity.
Then, use the Keyword Difficulty of Web SEO Analytics so as to evaluate the possibilities of achieving good rankings for each of the selected keywords.
By combining both the Keyword Research and Keyword Difficulty tools you will be able not only to find all the popular keywords that are related to your specific subject but also to decide on the keywords with which you will more likely accomplish high rankings in search engine results.
After you have ended up with the final list of the top keywords, try to spread them through the content accordingly. How?
4. Organising the Structure
1. There is no ideal number of times to use a keyword on a web page. And if this still remains confusing, it is advisable that the density of each keyword/keyword phrase should not be more than 3 times, per 300 words (e.g. page of a website). The key is to make the selected keyword phrases appear naturally inside the content of each page and at a reasonable rate.
2. Try to use the specific keywords / keyword phrases on important positions inside the page such as:
- The URL
- The title
- The first sentence or at least the first paragraph
- Headings and subheadings
- Image file names and alt texts
- Meta (title, description, keywords)
- Text links to related content inside the website
The final step is to take a pen and write down the article! When it is ready publish it and share it through the social media.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.